Get excited, Prairie Villagers! Or perhaps I should say, “Stay excited!”
Because you live in one of the most exciting places in Kansas, according to a new set of rankings from Movoto Real Estate. As if you didn’t know already!
Movoto used a formula that explored cities with more than 10,000 people, and took into consideration the following information:
- Nightlife per capita (bars, clubs, comedy, etc.)
- Live music venues per capita
- Active life options per capita (parks, outdoor activities, etc.)
- Arts and Entertainment per capita (movie theaters, festivals, galleries, theaters, etc.)
- Fast Food restaurants per capita (the fewer the better)
- Percentage of restaurants that are not fast food (the higher the better)
- Percentage of young residents ages 18 to 34 (the higher the better)
And, drumroll please, Prairie Village came in sixth place overall, tied with Pittsburg. Exciting news! Here’s what Movoto had to say about PV:
Even though Prairie Village tied for No. 6 with Pittsburg, the two cities could not be more different. Where Pittsburg is a college town with a bustling nightlife, just 21 percent of Prairie Village’s population is between the ages of 18 and 34.
This city scored its points, not for places to drink, but for places to get healthy, ranking sixth overall for its active life options, and first for both its number of restaurants per capita and its lack of fast food.
With so many delicious options to choose from, it might be a bit overwhelming to choose just one to start with, so let us help you out: Story. Go to Story. The German chocolate cake at this restaurant is reason enough to move to Prairie Village. Plus, with all of the active lifestyle options here, you’ve got to be able to treat yourself somehow.
Manhattan took first place in the rankings, with Lawrence coming in second. Leawood came in fourth.
And the least exciting place in Kansas? That would be Hutchinson.