A week and a half after the Prairie Village City Council voted down the proposed Mission Chateau senior living development, the frequently heated public debate about the future of the site has been reduced to a quiet simmer.
But that hasn’t stopped many northeast Johnson Countians from mulling over what outcome they HOPE might eventually come out of the turmoil surrounding land-locked Prairie Village’s largest parcel of presently unused land.
So, dear readers, what would your dream for the Mission Valley site be?
What do you HOPE will happen with the Mission Valley site?
- The owners (somehow) manage to cut a deal to sell the site to Kansas City Christian. (33%, 85 Votes)
- Tutera wins approval for the construction of a new senior living facility (23%, 58 Votes)
- The owners look to turn the land into new single family homes (15%, 39 Votes)
- I don't care. I'm sick of hearing about it. I just want this to end. (15%, 38 Votes)
- The city reconsiders allowing retail development on the site so it could generate sales tax. (14%, 36 Votes)
Total Voters: 256