SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS!
Mission’s Johnson Drive sees flock of new businesses moving in
The Johnson Drive business district in Mission has seen some vacancies in recent years, but now there is a new flurry of building permit activity that is filling in some of the empty spaces. The focus of late has been on the projects at either end of the drive, including the Gateway project that has been approved for Johnson Drive and Roe Avenue.
Recently, Laura Smith, the assistant city administrator and finance director, reported to the council on a number of new permits for businesses in the central business district. Among the new businesses coming to Mission are:
- All American Dental, a dentist office, at 5739 Johnson Drive
- Hues of Art at 5727 Johnson Drive
- Yoga Fix Studio at 6124 Johnson Drive, the former Easy Living Store
- Mission Eyecare, an optometrist, in the former Melbee’s space
- Ballroom Unlimited in the old True North space
- Jose Peppers in the previous Outback Steakhouse space
Several of the buildings are already being remodeled for the new tenants and all have taken building permits. Construction on the Gateway project is expected to start before summer and the Johnson Drive street rehabilitation project is scheduled for 2014 with some preliminary work being done this year.
Powered by Facebook Comments