Seven SM East athletes signed national letters of intent to play college sports next year during a Wednesday signing ceremony in the East library. Wednesday was the first day that senior athletes can sign letters.
The SM East athletes who signed Wednesday are:
- Ashley Allegri will play volleyball at Missouri Universtiy of Science and Technology; the daughter of Paul and Jill Allegri.
- Clint Dunn will play soccer at Hobart College in New York; the son of Brad and Dede Dunn.
- Chase Hanna will play golf for the University of Kansas; the son of William and Tanya Hanna.
- Kassey Hughes will play softball at the Colorado School of Mines; the daughter of Tim and Kristine Hughes.
- Connor Knabe will play golf at Kansas State; the son of Billy and Karen Knabe.
- Vance Wentz will play basketball at Montana State; the son of Dave and Jenny Wentz.
- Anne Wilman will play golf at Kansas State; the daughter of Steve and Diane Wilman.
Each of their coaches talked about the contributions the athletes had made: several have appeared in state finals or made appearances in national competitions. They all have a variety of other activities at school. The library was packed with parents and students to witness the signing.
Some sports, including football, are not eligible to sign today.