Whoa. I mean. I hope you didn’t have other plans. Because the weekend calendar is chalked full of entertaining diversions. Dogs. Beer. Banjos. Football. Face painting. Something for everyone, really. So, let’s start with…
Friday, August 27:
- Get an early glimpse of this year’s football Lancers at the annual pre-season scrimmage. The pad-mashing starts at 6 p.m. at the SM East football field.
- Hopefully you aren’t a fan of both local high school football and bluegrass music. Because you’ll have a tough decision to make between the football scrimmage, and the final Fourth Fridays in Harmon Park concert, featuring the Prairie Pocket Pickers. The banjo will start twanging at 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 28:
- Bring your beloved bowser out to Harmon Park from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., rain or shine, for Prairie Village Animal Control’s annual Dog Days in PV event. There will be demonstrations. There will be contests. There will be prizes. And, mostly, there will be a lot of cute dogs.
- If your whistle isn’t sufficiently whet, and you’d like to find a way to support the upcoming Prairie Village Jazz Fest, consider heading over to Johnny’s from 6 to 8 p.m. for the Jazz Tavern Tasting, a beer sampling event. Tickets cost $10 and proceeds go to the jazz fest.
- Leawood United Methodist Church is hosting its annual Community Block Party from 4 to 7 p.m. Hot dogs. Four bands. Face painting. What more could you ask for? The event is open to the public.
Sunday, August 29:
- Do the yard work you put off the previous two days.
Have a great weekend!